Mathieson House is an impressive house situated in Broomfield Road in Ayr in which we offer luxury housing support with comfort, security, privacy and personal freedom for 16 older residents.
It is a beautiful place with a homely, family feeling and highly trained staff who make you feel very welcome. It is surrounded by beautiful, large and easily accessible gardens which can be enjoyed by walking or relaxing in privacy.
We provide extra care housing with additional support and can offer residents support with their personal care (care at home).
The flatlets at Mathieson House
There are 16 flatlets on two levels accessed by a lift which is suitable for wheelchair users. Each flatlet has a buzzer call system, smoke detector and central heating.
Residents are encouraged to bring their own furniture and personal belongings which transform an attractive room into their new home. Residents also organise activities which can be supported by staff if required.
The lounge and dining room
On the ground floor there is a large communal lounge. Events are organised there regularly as well as live entertainment. A quiet room is also available on the upper floor.
The dining room is situated on the ground floor and breakfast, two course lunch and evening meal are served here. A splendid variety of choice is available from our menus.
What we do for our residents
Mathieson House has lots to offer, including:
- comfort and security with a special blend of privacy and personal freedom with no restrictions on residents entering or leaving the building;
- care and support provided with respect and dignity;
- warm, compassionate and nurturing care and support provided by highly trained and understanding staff who are sensitive to the needs and wishes of residents;
- support assisting residents to participate fully and actively in the community and participate in informed decision making about their own care and support and the running of Mathieson House;
- assessments and reviews of health and social care needs to ensure the right support and care is received by residents at the right time;
- consistency in who provides care and support and how it is provided;
- encouragement to achieve lifestyle preferences and aspirations.
Mathieson House is a fabulous place and we are committed to improving our excellent service – please come and see what we have to offer.
We are always delighted to welcome visitors.
How to contact Mathieson House
We are at 5/7 Broomfield Road, Ayr.
You can call us on 01292 262742, or use the contact form below.
Let us know how we can help.
Mathieson House is a limited company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland, number SC187811. The company is a charity, number SC028321.
Web design by Mike Carden